Proposed Ordinance Revisions
Over the past several months, Adams County Building Safety Staff and Fire Marshals have reviewed the most current versions of the 2018 International Building Codes and developed proposed amendments thereto. As part of our adoption process, we are requesting your feedback to the proposed amendments.
All proposed language/changes for the Ordinances are underlined, while the deletions are shown as strikethrough.
We request you submit any comments or feedback via email to the following email address Buildingcodecomments@adcogov.org. When submitting your comments, we request you identify yourself as a contractor, resident, design professional, code professional, business owner, or representative of an organization. This information will assist with categorizing the responses.
The Adams County Board of Commissioners has adopted the following building codes:
|2012||International Building Code|
|2006||International Energy Code|
|2012||International Fire Code|
|2012||International Fuel Gas Code|
|2012||International Mechanical Code|
|2012||International Plumbing Code|
|2012||International Residential Building Code|
|2014||National Electrical Code|
**To obtain a copy of any one of these code books, please visit the International Code Council website.
The Adams County Board of Commissioners adopted the following ordinances:
- Ordinance 4 Fire Code Adoption and Amendments Thereto
- Ordinance 12 Building Code Adoption and Amendments Thereto
- Ordinance 14 Electrical Code Adoption and Amendments Thereto
- Residential Addition
- Residential Basement Finish
- Residential Enclosing Existing Patio Cover
- Residential Detached Garage
- Residential Patio Covers and Carports
- Residential Re-Roofing
- Pole Barn Construction
- Residential Uncovered Decks and Porches
Development Standards & Regulations
- Chapter 1 - Administration
- Chapter 2 - Application and Permitting Procedures
- Chapter 3 - Zone District Regulations
- Chapter 4 - Design Requirements and Performance Standards
- Chapter 5 - Subdivision Design, Improvements and Dedication
- Chapter 6 - Regulations Governing Areas and Activities of State Interest
- Chapter 7 - Roadway Standards and Technical Criteria
- Chapter 8 - Access Design and Traffic Requirements
- Chapter 9 - Storm Drainage Design and Stormwater Quality Control Regulations
- Chapter 10 - Special District Guidelines and Regulations
- Chapter 11 - Definitions
- Appendix A - Applications
- Appendix B - Engineering Checklists and Standards Detail
- Appendix C - Engineering Road Standards
Click here for the complete Development Standards & Regulations Document (may be slow due to large file size). Document last updated 10/12/17.
For older versions of the Development Standards & Regulations, please contact the Community & Economic Development Department at 720.523.6800.