One-Stop Customer Center Appointment Notice
The Community & Economic Development Department will re-open to the public on Tuesday June 2, 2020. Staff will be available at the Government Center to assist customers by appointment only on Tuesdays through Fridays starting at 7am until 5:30pm.
- To schedule an appointment please click the SignUpGenius link below.
- You will be required to include your name and email address to schedule an appointment.
- Include the address and/or parcel number as well as a brief description for your visit in the My Comment box to ensure staff is prepared to assist you.
- The day prior to your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email for your appointment that will include instructions for how to proceed when you arrive at the Government Center.
- All visitors to the Government Center will be required to wear a mask and have their temperature taken as they enter the building.
Please call 720-523-6800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with the following:
- Assisstance with the E - Permit Center or your E - Permit Center account
- Questions regarding submittal items for applications or resubmittals
- Submitting items for a new application or resubmittal
- Once all documents have been uploaded for review, emailing us is preferred as we do not receive notification of your new uploads.
If you need assistance scheduling an appointment, please call 720.523.6823.
- E – Permit Center: email@example.com
- Building Safety: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning & Zoning: CEDD-POD@adcogov.org
**Please read below regarding our operations during COVID-19**
NEW! Beginning June 22nd, 2020, Adams County Building Safety Division will be transitioning to a 4-10 schedule for building inspections. Building inspection scheduling will be available Tuesday’s through Friday, and inspection hours will go to 7:30-5:00pm. Electrical inspections will continue to be offered M-F and inspections will be performed between 8:30- 4:00pm.
- How-To Guide for Submitting Required Information for Virtual Inspections
- Remote Video Inspection Guidelines
Effective May 20th, 2020: Remote Video inspection service for residential occupied spaces will be available for the following projects using our Remote Video Inspection process. Current projects that are eligible have received a required update to the record information. New applications for these projects will require the Virtual Inspection information to be provided at the time of application. If your project did not receive the required update for Virtual Inspection, please contact email@example.com for assistance in receiving the required update.
- Small Interior Remodel Projects
- Rooftop Solar (photovoltaic - if interior access is needed)
- Water Heaters
- Residential Addition/Alteration
- Basement Finish
- Upload all required documentation to the permit through your E - Permit Center account.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a Certificate of Occupancy along with your BDP#
- You will be notified when your Certificate of Occupancy has been completed
Land Use Case/Engineering Review Submittal
International Council of Codes (ICC)
**On December 4, 2018, the Board of County Commissioners adopted the 2018 editions of the International Codes. These codes will be in effect starting January 12, 2019. Building permit applications received and accepted prior to this date will be under the previous 2012 editions. All building permit applications received on or after January 12, 2019 will be under the 2018 editions of the International Codes.
The Adams County Board of Commissioners has adopted the following building codes:
|2018||International Building Code|
|2018||International Energy Code|
|2018||International Fire Code|
|2018||International Fuel Gas Code|
|2018||International Mechanical Code|
|2018||International Plumbing Code|
|2018||International Residential Building Code|
|2017||National Electrical Code|
**To obtain a copy of any one of these codebooks, please visit the International Code Council website.
The Adams County Board of Commissioners adopted the following ordinances:
- Ordinance 4 Fire Code Adoption and Amendments Thereto
- Ordinance 12 Building Code Adoption and Amendments Thereto
All contractors doing work in Unincorporated Adams County are required to be registered as a contractor before pulling a permit.
General Contractors: Adams County offers 4 classifications of general contractor licenses:
- Class A: Erect, add to, alter or repair any building or structure, in all occupancy groups.
- Class B: Erect, add to, alter or repair any building or structure not over two (2) stories in height, in group B, M and R occupancies.
- Class C: Erect, add to, alter or repair any building or structure of a non-structural nature, in group M and R occupancies
- Class D: Any specialty contractor including, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, siding, fences, glass and glazing, insulation, and heating.
Our E-Permit Center has just released the new Contractor Licensing Module! The link to the application below and all documents will need to be uploaded through your E-Permit Center Account. We no longer accept emailed applications.
Once you have logged into your account, you will need to select the "New" dropdown and choose "Contractor License". Please allow 24-48 hours for confirmation of registration
Adams County Building Safety requires the following documents to be successfully registered:
- Driver's License of Authorized Person(s)
- General Liability Insurance - Requirements
- Licensure from any Colorado municipality OR ICC Certification
- Colorado State Contractor/Colorado Master License (Electrical and Plumbing Contractors ONLY)
NOTE: There is no fee to be licensed with Adams County Building Safety
For help on how to start an account with the E-Permit Center, please click here.
Development Standards & Regulations
- Chapter 1 - Administration
- Chapter 2 - Application and Permitting Procedures
- Chapter 3 - Zone District Regulations
- Chapter 4 - Design Requirements and Performance Standards
- Chapter 5 - Subdivision Design, Improvements and Dedication
- Chapter 6 - Regulations Governing Areas and Activities of State Interest
- Chapter 7 - Roadway Standards and Technical Criteria
- Chapter 8 - Access Design and Traffic Requirements
- Chapter 9 - Storm Drainage Design and Stormwater Quality Control Regulations
- Chapter 10 - Special District Guidelines and Regulations
- Chapter 11 - Definitions
- Appendix A - Applications
- Appendix B - Engineering Checklists and Standards Detail
- Appendix C - Engineering Road Standards
- Official Code Interpretation Manual (1/23/2020)
Click here for the complete Development Standards & Regulations Document (may be slow due to large file size). Document last updated 02/11/2020.
For older versions of the Development Standards & Regulations, please contact the Community & Economic Development Department at 720.523.6800.