**On December 4, 2018, the Board of County Commissioners adopted the 2018 editions of the International Codes. These codes will be in effect starting January 12, 2019. Building permit applications received and accepted prior to this date will be under the previous 2012 editions. All building permit applications received on or after January 12, 2019 will be under the 2018 editions of the International Codes.
The Adams County Board of Commissioners has adopted the following building codes:
|2018||International Building Code|
|2018||International Energy Code|
|2018||International Fire Code|
|2018||International Fuel Gas Code|
|2018||International Mechanical Code|
|2018||International Plumbing Code|
|2018||International Residential Building Code|
|2017||National Electrical Code|
**To obtain a copy of any one of these code books, please visit the International Code Council website.
The Adams County Board of Commissioners adopted the following ordinances:
- Ordinance 4 Fire Code Adoption and Amendments Thereto
- Ordinance 12 Building Code Adoption and Amendments Thereto
Development Standards & Regulations
- Chapter 1 - Administration
- Chapter 2 - Application and Permitting Procedures
- Chapter 3 - Zone District Regulations
- Chapter 4 - Design Requirements and Performance Standards
- Chapter 5 - Subdivision Design, Improvements and Dedication
- Chapter 6 - Regulations Governing Areas and Activities of State Interest
- Chapter 7 - Roadway Standards and Technical Criteria
- Chapter 8 - Access Design and Traffic Requirements
- Chapter 9 - Storm Drainage Design and Stormwater Quality Control Regulations
- Chapter 10 - Special District Guidelines and Regulations
- Chapter 11 - Definitions
- Appendix A - Applications
- Appendix B - Engineering Checklists and Standards Detail
- Appendix C - Engineering Road Standards
Click here for the complete Development Standards & Regulations Document (may be slow due to large file size). Document last updated 04/30/2019.
For older versions of the Development Standards & Regulations, please contact the Community & Economic Development Department at 720.523.6800.